Releasing a new version¶
From the master branch of xtensor
- Make sure that you are in sync with the master branch of the upstream remote.
- In file
xtensor_config.hpp, set the macros for
XTENSOR_VERSION_PATCHto the desired values.
- Stage the changes (
git add), commit the changes (
git commit) and add a tag of the form
Major.minor.patch. It is important to not add any other content to the tag name.
- Push the new commit and tag to the main repository. (
git push, and
git push --tags)
Updating the conda-forge recipe¶
xtensor has been packaged for the conda package manager. Once the new tag has been pushed on GitHub, edit the conda-forge recipe for xtensor in the following fashion:
- Update the version number to the new
- Set the build number to
- Update the hash of the source tarball.
- Check for the versions of the dependencies.
- Optionally, rerender the conda-forge feedstock.