Multi-dimensional arrays with broadcasting and lazy computing.
xtensor is a C++ library meant for numerical analysis with multi-dimensional array expressions.
- an extensible expression system enabling lazy broadcasting.
- an API following the idioms of the C++ standard library.
- tools to manipulate array expressions and build upon xtensor.
Containers of xtensor are inspired by NumPy, the Python array programming library. Adaptors for existing data structures to be plugged into the expression system can easily be written.
In fact, xtensor can be used to process numpy data structures in-place using Python’s buffer protocol. For more details on the numpy bindings, check out the xtensor-python project. Language bindings for R and Julia are also available.
xtensor requires a modern C++ compiler supporting C++14. The following C++ compilers are supported:
- On Windows platforms, Visual C++ 2015 Update 2, or more recent
- On Unix platforms, gcc 4.9 or a recent version of Clang
We use a shared copyright model that enables all contributors to maintain the copyright on their contributions.
This software is licensed under the BSD-3-Clause license. See the LICENSE file for details.
- Getting started
- Expressions and lazy evaluation
- Arrays and tensors
- Scalars and 0-D expressions
- Adapting 1-D containers
- Operators and functions
- Expression builders
- Missing values
- File input and output
- Expressions and semantic
- Containers and views
- Functions and generators
- IO Operations
- Mathematical functions
- Operators and related functions
- Index related functions
- Basic functions
- Exponential functions
- Power functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Hyperbolic functions
- Error and gamma functions
- Nearest integer floating point operations
- Classification functions
- Reducing functions
- Accumulating functions
- NaN functions
- Compiler workarounds
- Build and configuration
- Internals of xtensor
- Extending xtensor
- Releasing xtensor
- From numpy to xtensor
- Notable differences with numpy
- Closure semantics
- Related projects
- Designing language bindings with xtensor